Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Lake

Our Son, Mike, and his family live North of Lake Winnepesaukee, in the Squam Lakes Region of New Hampshire.

It goes without saying that this is one of the most beautiful areas in the country. The movie "On Golden Pond" was filmed there.

Janet, our daughter-in-law, is an avid photographer. She has taken many wonderful photos of NH over the years.  Last November, on a gray day following their second snowfall of  2011, Janet took her trusty camera for a walk. This is just one of the photos she took that day:


Janet does some great B&W photography, but, believe it or not, this is a color photo.  The weather conditions were just perfect for taking winter scenes, and this is the result she got without hardly trying!

She knows that I like to use images by my photographer friends for my watercolor work, and asked if I would be interested in this day's efforts. She received an affirmative reply! There were five or six REALLY nice pictures to choose from.

I have NEVER attempted a "B&W Watercolor" before...in fact, I can't remember ever hearing of such a thing. But  the concept was intriguing enough, and the subject matter too gorgeous to think twice about it.. 

It took one week to complete this, my first painting of 2012...

#0134
Winter Lake
Watercolor
by Clare Dunn
2012
Displayed in the "Winter Gallery", Johnston, RI



What do you think?  Should I do more of these??? 

xoxoxo, cd

3 comments:

  1. I love the perspective, in both. By all means, do them (if you enjoy doing them, which I assume you do.) Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! THanks to Suldog for pointing out your beautiful work!!! I'll have to peruse and see what strikes my fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely.. you did a fine job.

    I think it's wonderful that Suldog won your beach scene, which I see to my left as I type in your blog roll with his blog name. :)

    ReplyDelete