Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I'm Done

Dear Friend,

I thought I could do this...

Maybe I am just too old, too tired to try.

Don't worry about me...I will not do myself deliberate harm. I just need to stop giving you conflicting messages, need to stop for my own sanity as well as yours.

You have been wonderful to listen to my sorry tale for so long. I love you for that. But you need a rest from the dreariness.  Fact is, the death watch hasn't ended since my parents passed away, and is not likely to. You see, once you reach a "certain age" those friends and relatives who have been such a huge part of your life begin to face the end of theirs...it is inevitable.

I can't, no, I WON'T subject you to the heartbreaks that are certain to come.

This is my final Postcard.

With heartfelt appreciation,
C.


2 comments:

  1. Clare,

    I'm so sorry you're going through such a difficult time these last few years. Life has a way of swinging us between those highs and lows. Those highs do return and it's important for us to remember that at times like this.

    Please reconsider closing your Postcards. Blogging is primarily for the blogger over her readers. If it's a good place for you to vent, please continue to do so and take whatever support we may be able to offer in return. If blogging helps you at all, please get what you can from it. If it feels like a drain at this time, then by all means do what you need to replenish your strength. Just do what's best for you.

    Sending a supportive hug and positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete