Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Challenge Boulevard

Hello, My Friends,

It's been awhile since I updated you about Mom and her 'trials and tribulations', so, since I have a free second, I will try to catch you up.  Forgive me if this seems disjointed...I can't keep up with all the s**t that has transpired.

The last time we talked, I think Mom had just been sent to the Nursing Home.  September 26th. That seems like years ago.
Here's what happened, as far as my memory can allow me to relate:

The Nursing Home she was sent to looked real nice, and the staff was pleasant.  Her room was inches from the nurses station, because she needed extra watching due to her heart issues. We visited her EVERY DAY. We requested minor things (like adjusting the room temperature) because she was not getting the nurses to respond to her "bell", so as advocates we kept on it.

I had a Major concern...each day that passed without her having a shower (which was ORDERED by her Doc) I would go to the 'Head Nurse', a gentleman named Gregg, and try to find out why.. Naturally I heard all the excuses...her incisions haven't healed yet, we don"t have any anti-bacterial soap (really, that was one of the excuses!!! I actually went out and bought them a bar!!!), she's not up to it, breathing issues, etc, etc.

On day seven, October 2, my sister-in-Law, who is a CNA at another Nursing Home, visited Mom. She had an immediate fit! Mom's incisions were 'seeping' profusely, and she was listless and seemed to be in pain. SIL calls me, and we decide to have her sent to the doc immediately.

Do I need to say that she never returned to the Nursing Home? She was admitted to RI Hosp Respiratory Intensive Care Unit directly from the doc's office.

more tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment