Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Long Road Ahead

Hey, everyone!

It's Thursday, 10 days after surgery, and Mom has finally been moved out of the hospital into a rehab not awfully far from my house.

She's understandably unhappy about not being sent home, but this is most certainly the best course of action. There are still some issues with the incisions made to harvest vessels and insert drainage tubes. Not healing as well as could be.

Her heart function is also not responding optimally. The docs recommended that she wear a "life vest" --- essentially a portable defibrillator --- for a while until her heart improves. She respectfully declined, as is her right. I'm not convinced that this is the best decision, but Mom is quite sane, and very stubborn, and has faith that God will take care of everything.  This is what she wants, and I will not fight her about it.

So, we take a day at a time.

I'll try to keep you updated. Forgive me if I lapse, though. My brain cells left the building months ago, and I can't even Google myself. (Think about it.......there, you get it now, right?).

xoxoxo, clare

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Prayer said here, again, and please, as I've nagged before, make sure YOU stay healthy, OK?

    ReplyDelete