Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Photographer City

Hello, friends!

Today I received a lovely "Thank You" from a photographer friend of mine, thanking me for sharing his work on my FB and Twitter pages.

And it got me to thinking...

How many REALLY EXCELLENT photographers do I know personally, and can I help to further their careers/crafts in some small way?  The answer was simple. "I can but try".

So, this postcard will show you some of their work, and perhaps lead you to more.

First is Ed King...

Nubble Light
by Ed King


The Roaring Brook
by Ed King

Find more of Ed's Beautiful pictures here:




Next is Ashley Martineau (our Niece)...

by Ashley Martineau
by Ashley Martineau


You can reach Ashley through her website:
Neauveau Fiber Arts




And the last mention for today is Maggie May. 
Maggie is not a commercial photographer, but I LOVE her work! So much so that I have asked for (and received) permission to use her images in my watercolor work.

Maggie's English Garden
by Maggie May

by Maggie May

In days to come I hope to bring you more...stay tuned!

xoxoxo, clare

6 comments:

  1. Do you know Hilary, from Canada? I think you may, but just in case you don't...

    She is my favorite photographer. Her stuff is brilliant. I keep telling her she needs to publish, or be published, but beyond that I know nothing about the process so my advice is limited in value...

    Anyway, if you haven't seen her stuff, please do yourself a favor and go to...

    http://thesmittenimage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sul...
    Heading to Hilary's blog RIGHT NOW!
    Thanks for the link...
    Love
    cd

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...EVERYONE!!! Go there, too! RIGHT NOW!!!

    This lady is SO talented, and delightful as well.
    Check her out!
    xoxoxo, cd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare,
    The photographs are a wonder to look at. Photography is my favorite art medium. I have only black/white photos .... my vintage, of course. :)
    Adorable children in your niece's pictures.
    Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie May is one of my favourite bloggers too. And Suldug.. he's a true gem. Thank you both for such kind mentions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Manzi... Those are my Brother Larry's Grandchildren...and yes, adorable is the word!

    And Hilary, Hi! We are in agreement about Maggie and Sully! Hope to be good blog-buddies with you as well!

    xoxoxo, cd

    ReplyDelete