Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 11, 2012

More on Mom

I can"t believe that it has been nearly a month since I was here last, and you are so totally unaware of what's been happening.  For this I apologize.

Mom was moved to Kindred Hospital in Stoughton, Ma.about 3 weeks ago  This is a Long Term Acute Care Facility, and their main focus is to wean her off the respirator and get her well enough to be transferred to a "regular" Nursing Home. However, their efforts have been thwarted by a laundry list of events, some of which they could have averted, some that Mom herself created. I won't go into them right now, because it depresses me to lows I didn't know existed before 2012.

Suffice it to say she is less well now than she was when we first admitted her to the hospital on September 10.  It is my belief that hospitals are dedicated to keeping you at their mercy rather than assisting in your recovery. (Ya' think???)

Here is my latest Facebook Update. I have been posting there since the word gets out to more Family members that way (my family isn't crazy about my blog, and many of them avoid it at all costs.)


Mom Update:
Larry, John, Dad and I went to visit Mom yesterday (Nov 10), and she is doing just ok. There are a great many hurdles for her to overcome, and she is frustrated by the whole process. Physical and respiratory therapy has been hard for her...after all these weeks lying in a bed, her strength is tapped, so even the least exertion is like running a full marathon.
She is not able to speak at this point (and that part is driving her to distraction) due to the respirator, and although she has feeling in her lower extremities, there is no mobility. We are left hoping for a miracle as far as walking is concerned.
Our main focus right now is to keep her motivated, and to keep her spirits up, so she will stay cooperative therapy-wise.  The lovely cards and letters she has received from you all make a huge difference.  Keep her in your thoughts, please!
xoxoxo, me

If any of you are on FB, and want to friend me there, I will gladly accept your request. I believe there is a link somewhere around here...

xoxoxo, cd

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I haven't been here in a timely manner. I hope you know that I appreciate these updates and that I have all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete