Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Nightmare Continues

I am so sorry to keep bearing bad tidings here...

The laundry list of medical misfortunes did not end with jd's sprained ankle...however, I will not take the time to relate them to you right now.

THIS somehow trumps all of it.

My Mom is ill, again.
She was taken to the hospital on Sunday (her 3rd trip in as many months) this time with symptoms indicative of congestive heart failure.  Today she underwent cardiac catheterization, and it has been determined that her major arteries are blocked in excess of 90%.  Bypass surgery is her only hope of recovery.

She is understandably anxious.
Dad (who, amazingly, is doing quite well after HIS hospital adventures) is showing signs of panic.
You don't need to hear how I am doing (okay, let's just say "it ain't pretty").

Ya know, I keep wanting to get back here and crack some jokes and show you some pictures and gritch about normal things like politics and the price of tea in China, but that just isn't meant to be, chums...

Sorry.

xoxoxo, me

2 comments:

  1. You remain in my prayers, of course.

    Sometimes, writing - letting it out, in whatever way - helps. Of course, you know what makes you feel best.

    One thing, please. Remember to take care of yourself while taking care of others. Make time for a treat now and again. If you don't, it will only be worse for all involved.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I haven't said so before this, Sully, let me say right now! I LOVE YOU!
    YOUR WIFE will, I'm sure, understand...

    ReplyDelete