Total Pageviews

Friday, April 27, 2012

Adventures in Medical Facilities

Hello, Dear Friends,

I heartily apologize for being away. I have not read a single postcard of yours since April 8th, and so I"m not up on your activities, but I trust that all is well with you, and life is treating you as you so richly deserve.

So much has happened since I last wrote to you... putting it all into coherent sentences is quite impossible for me to deal with just now.  I am blessed, however, with a momentary lull., and so it is a good time to let you know that we are surviving as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

We were very encouraged 7 days ago when Dad was released from the hospital in fairly good health and spirits, and moved to a rehab facility near home for some physical and occupational therapy. Within days, however, his condition was critical --- directly attributable to the treatment he received at this nursing home.

He was evac-ed to the hospital at 2:30 Wednesday morning, delusional, hallucinating, with severe abdominal pain, skyrocketing blood pressure, a gastro-intestinal bleed, anemia, and a C-Diff infection to boot. Too much for a normal 88 yr old man to take...but Dad is far from normal.

Today, amazingly, he is in a private room at Miriam Hospital, and his condition is listed as 'stable'.

I cannot go into more details due to the complaint we are filing against the nursing home on his behalf, but I will tell you this: we will see this through to the end. Depend on it.

I miss you all...
Please keep us in your thoughts,
xoxoxo, clare




2 comments:

  1. That's a lot to deal with. Sending best, healing thoughts for your dad.. and to you and yours for the strength to cope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. I have been lax in my visits to friends, and I missed this. Please know that I have immediately said a prayer, and I hope all is as well as can be. Please keep me advised.

    XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete